DOUGLAS TUGMASTER: Model: DC10-44
The Douglas Tugmaster conventional type DC10-44 tractors are specifically designed for pushback
and towing operations, with a tow bar, of civil and military passenger and transport aircraft up to 400
tonnes maximum ramp weight including B747-400. This tractor provides for the economical and
efficient movement of aircraft.
Detailed Technical Specification: - NS 1771 Issue 2
• Deutz TCD 2013 L6 Diesel Engine rated at 190 kW (255 bhp) to EU Stage IIIA / Tier 3 Exhaust Emission
• Alternative Cummins QSB 6.7 Diesel Engine rated at 186 kW (250 bhp) to EU Stage IIIB / Tier 4 Exhaust
• ZF 6WG 210 series transmission with selectable fully automatic or powershift modes.
Fully automatic: 6 speed forward and 3 speed reverse.
Powershift / manual: 4 speed forward and 3 speed reverse.
• Inter- axle differential
• Fully enclosed sound insulated low profile full width, fixed, forward control cab.
Alternative: Elevating cab for all round visibility.
• Adjustable suspension seat for driver and for one crew member.
• Windscreen wiper / washers for the front screen.
• Right Hand Drive or Left Hand Drive.
• Power assisted orbitrol hydrostatic steering system.
• Selectable three mode steering: - Front wheel steering
Four wheel co-ordinated steering
• Four wheel drive [4 x 4].
• Heater / Demister system
• Ballasted to: 25,000 kgs.
Options: 30,000 kgs
• Two position towing pintles front and rear [Tow pin diameter 70 mm nominal]
• Full instrumentation including hourmeter.
• Full highway type lighting - 24 volt electrics.
• 16.00 x 25 single wheels and tyres at the front and rear.
• Finish painted in Single Colour or Customers Livery.
• Maximum tractive effort: - 196 kN [44,000 lbf] for 25,000 kgs tractor.
- 235 kN [52,800 lbf] for 30, 000 kgs tractor.
- 275 kN [61,800 lbf] for 35,000 kgs tractor.
- 305 kN [68,570] lbf] for 43,000 kgs tractor.
• Maximum solo speed - 35 kph [22 mph].
• Rear cab /GPU Option available.
• Operator, Spare Parts and Workshop